Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Take A Look


Listening to music really sets a good atmosphere and tone while working on something.  Some would claim they can't live without music, while some would say that can't last a day without it. Music, however to some is a universal language that tends to bridge culture divide.  Well, people have different looks about it.

As for me, it's an aid to soar in a much higher height whenever I feel bored or in a state of experiencing a mild sense of panic. I am a bit choosy though, with the kinds of music I listen to. I would like to share a track that keeps me elated for almost months right now... lol...




"Dare You To Move" is a song from the band Swictfoot.




It became one of the best songs of the year once, enclosed it in is an inspiring and moving message. I've been listening to their tracks for quite awhile. I remember hearing the first song from a local radio station back in my hometown. Their songs convey good sound and meaning. If you would just read closely between lines of their lyrics, you would definitely end up in a completely different paragraph. 

Oftentimes, they are labeled to as a Christian Rock Band, well maybe it's because of their lyrics. The group had been actively involved in humanitarian activities promoting and bringing joy and peace in people's doorstep. Music, for them is for everyone and to label them such words is like putting their songs in a box that closes some people out and maybe excludes them.

Brilliant. Ain't it?

It's like causing noise in a good way...

And there's more...

If you will try to watch some of their videos and look closely you would notice an Asian kinda looking guy. At first glance he's like Chinese but guess what. I had found out that another patriotic Filipino is performing in this awesome group.

A Filipino. You got me right.



Jerome Fontamillas, a Filipino American had been in the band for quite some time since 2000. He is a 7th Day Adventist Christian. It's nice to know that he's a Filipino. It again shows that in line of music, there's no room for boundaries.

To Jerome and the rest of the Switchfoot band.

Rock On! More Songs...

No comments:

Post a Comment