Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Lightsaber

May the force be with you...

Photo Courtesy: My Shutter and Me
Everyone was in excellent shape as sports and the so called "Uttaradit Games" began. Students, mostly college, from different regions of Thailand gathered to showcase their own innate given talents in line of sports. They all seemed so fit and prepared for their matches against their opponents. Honestly, I did sneak out sometimes just to see their furious talents. Everybody was just full of winning power.

the team mates...
I was taking some shots of fencing match among the athletes, when somebody approached me and told me where I am from?

the action...
Mr. Arnon, A Thai lawyer, is a fencing enthusiasts and he's been covering matches of the game everywhere. I was surprise when he mentioned a prominent Filipino fencing player, Mr. Richard Gomez. It just happened that we were from the same country, Phillipines. He further discussed that he did talk to him before while the celebrity-star was in Bangkok in some fencing game. We exchanged words for some time and he told me about his passion in it.

the field...
The sport really did catch my attention. It reminds of the sword fighting in the movie Star Wars where they use their lightsaber and the Excalibur of King Arthur. lol...

Introducing children to sports is very important, it doesn't only develop physical fitness but also for mental growth, Mr. Arnon said.

Photo Courtesy: Quirky-alone
Sports, promotes enjoyment and an extension for students. And its importance is inevitable. A real-life lesson was also associated in the sports field. He further added, that the most important thing here is dealing with success and failure, that a sportsman knows that there will be times when he will win matches; there will also be times when he will lose them. That a sportsperson knows how to handle defeat and thus, treats success and failure equally.

It was a great day that seemed to be like an ambush interview. lol...

As I was about to leave the stadium, a girl asked me if I am willing to fought with her in a match. And though I'm not much in the sport, I never did decline her invitation.

hahaha...






No comments:

Post a Comment